Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amigurumi of Consiquince

Okay - a little background information.

Years ago, one of my dearest friends introduced me to the often-misunderstood fruit called Quince. This odd little fruit became an inside-joke between us, sparking a plethora of word games (like in my title, for ex).

Anyhoo, I modified a pattern from my amigurumi book. I think it could use a little tweak here or there but basically I am satisfied with the results. Quinces are often misshaped but basically look like a cross between an apple and a pear. This might look a little too pear-ish but I can't bear frogging this little cutie to satiate my inner perfectionist. This is part of my friend's housewarming gift and he is going to love it!



Does anyone remember this book? It took me forever to figure out what the title was when all I could recall was something about "bunnies going down the road" to go visit "old man toad". Finally I found it - I grabbed a second-hand copy. Such a cute little book. I love the story and the detailed pictures.

i love how the little girl has her own toy stuffed bunny. (see way over to the left) And the mom with her hat and high heels.


A toad would wear a vest and smoke a pipe, no?

I love the mole with the shaw, apron and slippers.




home is indeed where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment