Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tiny Owl Knits Bedknobs and Broomsticks Cowl

Not sure if you know of TINY OWL KNITS but if you don't, I highly suggest you check her out. She's got the loveliest patterns and is oh-so-sweet.

Here is my rendition of her "Bedknobs and Broomsticks Cowl"

It is knitted flat, and joined when finishing. This is how it looked before I joined the seams - with the mattress stitch, which was new to me and a really tidy way of joining:



This is how it looked when I finished it. Also, this is why I don't take pictures after dark. My camera STINKS!! Please ignore the overexposure and look at the lovely pattern:


I love the microbobbles! They're so bobbly! I like how the pattern alternates between bars and bobbles.

Made with one skein of Jiffy by Lion Brand, color: El Paso. Acrylic- very warm and good for those who find wool uncomfortable on the skin.

A very nice gift and a very fun project to knit. :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! What a charming name...from one of my favorite Disney movies! :)

    ReplyDelete