Monday, February 18, 2008

On A Roll



Ok I think I'm all tapped out on scarves for now.

I had to knit this one - the 4 strands of yarn made it too bulky to make a long enough scarf in crochet and I did not have much of this yarn. I'm not sure if I'm right about this, but I think it takes more yarn to crochet something than it would to knit it, if you were making the same pattern. Has anyone tried that? I'd love to know for sure. With knitting, it's loops inside loops. With crocheting, it is more like knots and wrap-arounds.

I'm nearly done with a crochet-in-circle Pet Blankie for my mother's new cat. I am loving crochet. I learned how to knit first, several years back, and now that I am teaching myself crocheting, I am amazed at how much easier it is than knitting. I think there are more possibilities too. FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment